March 05, 2015
Master the Move #18: Side Lying Leg Raises
Welcome to Master the Move. In this new series, we will focus on one specific exercise at time to break it down for you to learn it a little better for your next HIIT workout. Side Lying Leg Raises work your legs and your butt in a simple lifting motion and are easy to do. How to:
- Lie on your left side with your legs extended and on top of each other.
- Bend your left arm and place it under your head for support and place your right hand on the floor in front of you.
- Engage your abdominals and glutes and raise your right leg up about 30 degrees and hold it in this position.
- Lift your left leg off the floor and bring it up toward your right leg.
- Pause two seconds and slowly return both legs to the starting position.