Welcome to Master the Move. In this new series, we will focus on one specific exercise at time to break it down for you to learn it a little better for your next HIIT workout. Our next move to master is the Jump Squat. This is a simple exercise that involves jumping out of your squatting stance. How to:
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, arms hanging at your sides.
- Squat down until your knees are bent about 90 degrees.
- Immediately swing your arms overhead and jump upward as high as you can.
- As you land, gently bend your knees and sink back down into the squat position.
- Swinging your arms above will give you momentum so you can catch more air, but you can also place your arms at your chest. You can also place your hands behind your head for more of a challenge.