Welcome to Master the Move. In this new series, we will focus on one specific exercise at time to break it down for you to learn it a little better for your next HIIT workout. Last move on our list is called the Romanian Deadlift. This move will not only give you a great butt, but a nice set of legs to go along with it! Though this exercise isn't suitable for those with bad backs, this move will certainly tighten up those loose hamstrings which will make your back feel much better. If you sit all day long, this is the move for you! How to: Photo credit: WorkoutLabs.com
- Put a barbell in front of you on the ground and grab it using a pronated (palms facing down) grip that a little wider than shoulder width.
- Bend the knees slightly and keep the shins vertical, hips back and back straight. This will be your starting position.
- Keeping your back and arms completely straight at all times, use your hips to lift the bar as you exhale.
- Once you are standing completely straight up, lower the bar by pushing the hips back, only slightly bending the knees, unlike when squatting.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.