Welcome to Master the Move. In this new series, we will focus on one specific exercise at time to break it down for you to learn it a little better for your next HIIT workout. Our next move to master is the Russian Twist. This is a great ab toner and really taps into those deep oblique muscles to make your abs POP! How to:
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet placed ﬂat on the ﬂoor about hip-width apart.
- Now sit about halfway up and place your hands directly out in front of you. Your arms are straight with palms together and your chin is up and off your chest. You can hold a dumbbell or a medicine ball to make the exercise even more difficult.
- Take a deep breath and then exhale while slowly twisting your torso as far to the right as you can manage without changing the angle of your torso from the ﬂoor.
- Now inhale slowly and rotate your torso back to the starting position.
- Repeat by rotating torso to the left side