Meghan Trainor "All About the Bass" One Song Workout This song is about 3 minutes long. The following workout is tailored to suit the timing to the above song. 25 seconds mountain climbers 10 seconds rest 25 seconds calf raises 10 seconds rest 30 second wall sit 10 secomds rest 30 seconds side lunges 10 seconds restFor free diet plans and workouts to suit your body type, click the image below:
- Start the exercise by lying face down on the floor.
- Straighten out your arms and then touch your knees down to the ground or floor.
- Now you are ready to lift yourself up into position. When doing this, be sure that your hands are directly under your chest at a width that is slightly more than your shoulder length distance.
- Once you have settled into position and checked the position of your hands you should be sure to keep your legs stretched out, ensuring that they are properly lined up with the rest of your body. Pay special attention to your knees as many people tend to create a gap here but that should be avoided. If the recommended position is uncomfortable for you, it is alright to modify it slightly as long as you maintain the correct posture.
- Now you should stretch out your left leg for stability. Bend your right knee and bring it up in the direction of your right hand. At this point, you should be in a similar position to the one you would be in if you were climbing a mountain or tree (hence the name) except horizontal instead of vertical.
- After bringing your right knee up, return it to the original position and do the previous step with your left leg. (Once again, bend the left knee and bring it up towards the left hand mimicking the actions of a mountain climber)
- Stand on the edge of a step.
- Stand tall with your abdominals pulled in, the balls of your feet firmly planted on the step, and your heels hanging over the edge.Rest your hands against a wall or a sturdy object for balance.
- Raise your heels a few inches above the edge of the step so that you’re on your tiptoes.
- Hold the position for a moment, and then lower your heels below the platform, feeling a stretch in your calf muscles.
- Stand in front of a wall (about 2 feet in front of it) and lean against it.
- Slide down until your knees are at about 90-degree angles and hold, keeping the abs contracted, for 60 seconds.
- Come back to start and repeat, holding the squat at different angles to work the lower body in different ways.
- Stand with your feet set about twice shoulder width apart, your feet facing straight ahead.
- Clasp your hands in front your chest.
- Shift your weight over to your right leg as you push your hips backward and lower your body by dropping your hips and bending your knees.
- Your lower right leg should remain nearly perpendicular to the floor.
- Your left foot should remain flat on the floor.
- Without raising yourself back up to a standing position, reverse the movement to the left. Alternate back and forth.