For some time now, I have been hearing a lot about the so called "ABC Miracle Drink".
Basically juicing beetroot, carrot and an apple.
The health benefits of these 3 ingredients are incredible. Numerous studies and research have been done on these ingredients and they have found that they literally slow down the formation and growth of cancer cells (hence naming it the Miracle drink). Chinese herbalists have also long been using it for it's cancer preventative properties. And in one study, a Chinese herbalist gave it to his patient suffering from lung cancer, and had him drink it every day and after 3 months, he was cured of the disease!
Among some of the health benefits that this juice has been effective in treating are:
1. Slows down the process/development of cancer. Restraining cancer cells from growing further.
2. Prevent liver, kidney and pancreas disease. (Reported to also cure ulcers.)
3. Strengthen the lungs, prevent heart attack and high blood pressure.
4. Strengthen the immune system .
5. Good for eyesight, eliminate red, tired eyes or dry eyes.
6. Help eliminate pain from physical training, muscle ache.
7. Detoxify, assist bowel movement, eliminate constipation. Therefore it will make skin healthy and look more radiant.
8. Improve bad breath due to indigestion, throat infection,
9. Great for preventing and killing acne problems.
10. Assist Hay Fever Sufferer from Hay Fever attack.
So of course I had to give it a try! I juice and make smoothies all the time, but I really haven't dabbed too much in the beetroot category, but after hearing all the benefits, I thought I would give it a try and make it for me and my 2 daughters.
[caption id="attachment_59063" align="alignleft" width="336"]
Girls enjoying some ABC goodness with their mama![/caption]
The result? We LOVED IT! BUT, I also added frozen pineapple and blueberries that sweetened it up just a tad. PLUS, with the incredibly high levels of antioxidants in the berries (thus protecting cells from harmful free radicals), I figured it'a a win win!
Also, I wanted to try this in my Blendtec, NOT my juicer, so I added water to it to get it moving and chopped up the beetroot and carrot so it would blend better. Nothing worse for me than "CHEWING" my drink. If you do have a juicer, then juice the first 4 ingredients and then add to a blender and blend in the last two.
- 1 large beetroot washed/brushed/trimmed and quartered
- 2 carrots, washed
- 1 large granny smith apple (or any variety will do)
- 1/2 lemon (I used the juice only of the lemon since I did not put ingredients in juicer)
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup water
Put in blender and blend until smooth! I use all organic ingredients. If you have fresh berries and pineapple, then add about a cup of ice to the mix. Enjoy the yummy goodness and know that you are truly doing something special for your health! Your body will SOAK this up!