Want to speed up that fat-burning? It's not as hard as you might think! Yes, exercise and diet are the key to efficient weight loss and fat burning, but there are other things you can do to eliminate body fat. Here are a few nifty habits to adopt for faster fat burning:
- Snap a picture of your meals -- Most people fail on their diet not because of lack of knowledge, but lack of accountability. Take a picture of your meals and use it to create a food journal. You'll find it much easier to avoid poor food choices if you can SEE everything you're eating.
- Be cold -- Cold temperatures cause your body to burn fat to stay warm, so it's a good idea to be cold throughout the day. Take cold showers, drink cold water, and wear lighter clothing to feel the chill and get your body burning fat!
- Drink water -- Drink up to 16 ounces of water before every meal, and you'll eat a whole lot less. Shoot for 3 to 5 quarts of water per day.
- Add honey, lemon juice, and cinnamon to your meals -- All of these things are efficient appetite regulators, blood sugar controllers, and fat burners.
- Walk after every meal -- It can be a 5 to 10 minute walk, or you can walk for an hour. Light activity after your meals activates GLUT - 4 receptors, which cause your muscles to absorb glucose. It can also help you burn calories and fat!
- Chew more -- In a Chinese study, men who chewed each bite 40 times lost 12% more fat than men who only chewed 15 times. Chew more, and you'll end up eating more slowly, which means you'll eat a whole lot less.