I came across this acne mask on Pinterest the other day and it stated that it's main ingredient-Aspirin- could solve all of your acne issues. I thought, "wow, could this possibly work?" Let's break down Aspirin for one moment. Aspirin contains the primary ingredient in almost every acne mask or treatment on the market: you guessed it, Salicyclic Acid! This chemical is used topically to treat acne by encouraging the shedding of old skin cells. Basically, it "dries" up your pimples-if you ever notice that weird feeling after you have used an acne scrub or wash. Salicyclic acid also acts as an anti-inflammatory agent. Most acne treatments tend to be costly so this is definitely a cheaper method to help combat your acne once and for all! Image Source: Dena Julia Ok, so I lied. This magic acne mask contains two ingredients:
- 3 tablets Aspirin (generic brand works fine)
- Few drops of distilled water
- Hold the aspirin tablets in the palm of your hand.
- Apply a few drops of water to the tablets, until you notice the tablets are starting to dissolve.
- You may rub the tablets around in your hand to help speed up the process (this does not take too long anyway).
- Apply to affected areas, pimples, or blackheads.
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes and rinse dry.