July 24, 2015
One Mom's Sunscreen Nightmare Might Serve As A Warning To You!
Frayed Mama recently shared a blog post telling a story that is nothing less than a nightmare. On her way to the pool with her kids, she stopped to grab some sunscreen at the local Dollar Tree store as she knew she was getting low. She managed to get everyone slathered but her 9 year old son. For him, she had to use the new bottle. This is what he looked like 20 hours after they left the pool: 24 hours: The poor child had second degree burns! There were 5 children and 2 adults present that day but he is the only one to burn like this and he was the only one to use the new sunscreen. 5 days later: 9 days later: It is unclear, obviously, what exactly has caused this to happen but it is terrifying. She says they were at the pool for 3 and a half hours and reapplied his sunscreen. Since the other bottle was empty, does this mean she didn't reapply to her other children? She says her children are fair skinned and she pays close attention to the level of their sun exposure, so I find it hard to believe that he is the only one to whom she reapplied the sunscreen. I am not attempting to make this seem any less devastating than it is. Clearly something terrible happened to this boy and this sunblock. No one should ever have to suffer like that. To read the full story and see more pictures, head over to Frayed Mama. Is this a case of defective sunscreen or might it be some other sort of reaction that has happened here? What do you think? Do you follow us on Instagram? [caption id="attachment_100032" align="alignnone" width="100"] @BodyRockTV[/caption]