August 07, 2014
One Trick to Immediately Improve Your Squats!
Would you believe that most people actually perform squats incorrectly? It is true. The #1 mistake that most people make while squatting is allowing their knees to go way over their toes upon execution. I've done it for years until I realized it was completely wrong! So how do you know if you are doing a squat improperly? Give yourself a little test.
- Stand up straight, with feet shoulder width apart.
- Squat down as low as you can keeping your torso straight.
- Now, check your knees. If they are way over your toes, then you need to improve your form because you could end up potentially hurting yourself - especially if you were to add any weights.
- Basically, you face a wall and standing 6 inches away.
- Squat down as low as you can-do not touch the wall!
- Keep your torso straight.
- Check your knees!