June 19, 2015
The Perfect Back Day Workout
Bent Arm Barbell Pullovers-3 sets of 12 reps Photo credit: WorkoutLabs.com
- Lie on a bench with the barbell using a shoulder grip width. For beginners, just use the bar itself until you feel comfortable enough to start adding weights to the ends.
- Hold the bar straight over your chest with a bend in your arms.
- While keeping your arms in the bent arm position, lower the weight slowly in an arc behind your head while breathing in until you feel a stretch on the chest.
- At that point, bring the bar back to the starting position using the arc through which the weight was lowered and exhale as you perform this movement.
- Hold the weight on the initial position for a second and repeat.
- Holding your bar, bend your knees slightly and bring your torso forward, by bending at the waist.
- Now, while keeping the torso still, breathe out and lift the bar to you.
- Then inhale and slowly lower the bar back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
- Grasp cable bar with wide grip.
- Sit with thighs under supports.
- Pull down cable bar to upper chest.
- Return until arms and shoulders are fully extended.
- Kneel over side of bench by placing knee and hand of supporting arm on bench.
- Position foot of opposite leg slightly back to side.
- Grasp dumbbell from floor.
- Pull dumbbell to up to side until it makes contact with ribs or until upper arm is just beyond horizontal.
- Return until arm is extended and shoulder is stretched downward.
- Repeat and continue with opposite arm.