Dr Robert Young states in his book The pH Miracle, "The ph Level of our internal fluids affects every cell in our bodies. The entire metabolic process depends on an alkaline environment. Chronic overacidity corrodes body tissue and, if left unchecked will interrupt all cellular activities and functions, from the beating of your heart to the neural firing of your brain. In other words, acidity interferes with life itself. It's the root of all sickness and disease. This process of acid waste breakdown and disposal could also be called the aging process."
What is pH:
ph is a scale that is used to measure ones acidity and alkalinity level. It ranges from 1 to 14, 1 being very acidic, 7 neutral and 14 being very alkaline. Your pH must be around 7.35 slightly more alkaline. Why you might be asking? The pH of your internal cells and fluids affect every process in your body, blood being the most important.
pH is affected by your eating habits, your thoughts, your feelings and how efficiently your elimination channels function. Your elimination channels being your bowls, lungs, kidneys, skin liver and lymph. When you are overloaded with acidic residue, your eliminative organs become overwhelmed and are unable to remove them.
Too many acid forming foods cause "acidosis" which is a common diagnosis in many illnesses and diseases. Ranging from Migraines, cysts, inflammation, acne, eczema to osteoporosis, loss of hair, liver diseases, diabetes and cancer.
Acidosis is the outcome of your pH becoming overly acidic. All foods leave either an alkaline or an acidic residue in the bloodstream, depending on whether they contain more alkaline or more acidic minerals. And remember you can't evaluate the ph of a food outside the body, it's the residue it leaves when its broken down inside your body that matters. Example:
Dairy has an alkaline pH outside your body, but when digested leaves an extremely acidic residue, and too much mucus. Animal products also produce an acidic compound when digested. I have heard many say that lemons, oranges, grapefruit or pineapple cause acid in their bodies. This is an extremely false statement. Because yes they are acidic outside the body but when ingested they leave an alkaline residue.
It takes a lot for your body's pH to become imbalanced and this is because When your body is faced with an acidic overload, it has to scramble to find ways to prevent your blood pH from dropping too low, even at the expense of disrupting other tissues, organs and cellular activities. With too much acid in your body, it will begin to leach alkaline minerals like calcium, potassium and magnesium, out of your tissues to compensate for the acidity.
Your body's main mission is to protect itself and its vital organs. SO to push away the waste from your organs, it will store them by expanding your fat cells. Something to note: weight loss is easier when your body is in an alkaline state. An acidic body tends to hold on to excess weight, making it hard to lose. When you are overloaded with acidic residue, your eliminative organs become overwhelmed and are unable to remove them.
An overly acidic body also greatly diminishes your beauty. Excess acidity is a major cause of premature aging, along with premature lines and wrinkles, acne, dark under eye circles, limp dull hair and brittle nails.
What can you do to Balance pH:
1) Eat Greens and more Greens. Green vegetables are the highest alkaline foods. They are high in live enzymes, chlorophyll, minerals, raw amino acids and pure water.
2) Try your best to eliminate or limit acidic forming foods. This is not about being Raw vegan or vegan, this is about helping our bodies out so we are healthier. Advice I give to clients is make sure 50 to 70 percent of your daily intake comes from Very alkaline Foods.
3) Juicing is a great way to add large amounts of fruits and vegetables. With Juicing you will add high more Live enzymes, amino acids and minerals into your diet. With juicing there is a fast absorption rate of 10 minutes, since your digestion does not have to work.
4) Yoga, meditation and exercising are great to incorporate
5) self enemas and or colonics to eliminate the backup
6) Massage, hydrotherapy and infra red saunas are also great
7) You can also speed up the healing process by doing a Juice Feasting cleanse. Where you consume 3 to 4 litres of raw unpasteurized Organic non Gmo Juice daily. Juice feasting cleanse heals at a cellular level.
There are kits you can buy to test your pH right at home.
Very Alkaline Foods:
Greens, greens, ripe fruit, vegetables and sprouts
Very acidic Foods:
Alcohol, animal protein, artificial sweeteners, caffeine, dairy products, antibiotics, steroids, nicotine, processed food, refined sugar and of course soda.
For more nutrition help, click here to check out our 14-Day Nutrition Guide & get the most out of your workouts!