Sometimes, all you want in the morning is a warm, hearty, savory breakfast. Something substantial that will help power you through the day.
Inspired by the BodyRock Meal Plan
, this Lean & Mean Quinoa Breakfast bowl makes clean, balanced, detox-eating look like a breeze!
If you haven't experienced the wonder that is quinoa, now's the time! Quinoa is a complete protein which is rare for a plant-based food. This means that it contains all essential amino acids
! Just one cup of quinoa contains 8 grams of protein!
And the nutritional benefits of quinoa don't end at protein! Quinoa is loaded with fiber, low on the glycemic index, high in iron and magnesium, and contains important B vitamins!
Take all these benefits, add some egg, leafy greens and healthy fat (in the way of avocado) and you've got yourself, a nutritious, delicious, detoxifying, clean, balanced meal.
Take a look:
For the pesto:
- 1 1/2 ups dry quiona
- juice 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 handfuls of kale
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 4 eggs
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 65 grams almonds
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- 30 grams stemmed, mixed fresh herbs (basil, coriander, parsley, mint)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp tahini
- 1/2 clove garlic
- Place all pesto ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Boil quiona for 10-15 minutes. Drain any excess water and add the lemon juice and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Melt the coconut oil in a fry pan, over low heat. Add the onion and saute for 5 mins. Add the kale and spinch and cook for another 5 mins.
- Poach or hard boil the eggs.
- Divide quinoa between 4 bowls, top with sauteed greens and chopped avocado. Top with the egg and a drizzle of pesto. Enjoy!
Have You Taken The BodyRock 7-Day Clean Eating Challenge?
We’ve put together a 7 Day Guide that helps you to buy the right foods and prepare the meals that are going to help you eat well and create healthy habits in your lifestyle.
Learn More about the Clean Eating Challenge