Creamy soups can be made so much healthier (not to mention tastier) by subbing out the cream with coconut milk, making this soup both vegan and delicious! Ingredients: 2 cups pumpkin puree 2 cups water or vegetable stock 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk 1/2 red onion, chopped 2 Tbsp olive oil 1 tsp red pepper flakes 1 tsp cinnamon 1 tsp nutmeg 1 tsp sea salt 1 tsp chili powder 1 Tbsp pumpkin seeds or pepitas (optional) Directions:
- In a large soup pot sauté the onion in the olive oil.
- Add the pumpkin and water to the pot, then cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add in the spices and cover, simmering for 10 more minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk and simmer, covered, for 10 more minutes.
- Blend the soup, serve, and garnish with pepitas if desired