I know what you're thinking, "A quiet HIIT workout? What the hell is that?"
There are times in life where we need to be quiety.. especially as a mother. I have to workout when my son is sleeping and sometimes that can feel impossible.
Then I received an email from a client. She was following one of my plans and stated that she lived in an apartment with neighbors down below so she was unable to do some of the moves that required jumping such as Burpees or Squat Jumps.
This got me thinking... we need a quiet workout that mommies and those who live in apartments can do-without disturbing anyone but still manage getting a good sweat in.
This is how The Quiet Workout was created!
Instructions: Follow each exercise for 60 seconds, followed by 10 seconds of rest in between. Complete the whole routine 3 times. 60 Second Plank
- Assume a modified push-up position with your elbows bent 90 degrees and both forearms resting on the floor.
- Position your elbows directly underneath your shoulders and look straight toward the floor.
- Your body should form a perfectly straight line from the crown of your head to your heels.
60 Seconds No Jump Burpees
- Stand tall with feet hip-width apart, arms extended overhead.
- Push hips back and bend knees to lower into a squat.
- Place hands on the floor and quickly walk feet back into a full plank position.
- Immediately lower into a pushup.
- Press up, walk feet back into squat, and return to standing, reaching arms overhead. That's one rep. Repeat as quickly as possible for 45 seconds.
60 Second Wall Sit
- Start with your back against a wall with your feet shoulder width and about two feet from the wall.
- Slowly slide your back down the wall until your thighs are parallel to the ground.
- Adjust your feet if you need to so that your knees are directly above your ankles (rather than over your toes).
- Keep your back flat against the wall.
- Hold the position for 20 to 60 seconds, rest 30 seconds, and repeat the exercise three times.
60 Seconds Reverse Lunge With Front Kicks
- Keeping your abs tight, step back with your right foot and lower into a reverse lunge.
- Squeeze your glutes as you push down through your left heel and kick your right leg in front of you as you straighten your left leg. That's one rep.
- Repeat with other leg.
60 Seconds Swivel Squats
- Stand with your feet in a wide straddle, toes pointed slightly out, and hold a dumbbell by the ends in front of your chest.
- Pivot on your left foot, raise your right leg out to the side just below hip height, and rotate your body to the left.
- Plant your right foot on the floor and lower into a full squat.
- Straighten your legs and immediately repeat the move, this time rotating to the right. That's one rep.
For more workouts that are perfect for any situation, click the image below: