Hi BodyRockers! Are you ready for Fall? Can't believe it is almost that time of year already! For many people Fall can be a hectic time of year as your schedule may be changing if you are in college or have kids that are going back to school or if you are simply transitioning out of vacation mode and back to 'busy-ness'. I think making some time for yourself to get your workouts in makes sense as it will boost your energy, and keep you grounded in the midst of possible chaos ;) I know time is an issue as well, so today I have another fat burning that will target all major muscle groups and get your heart rate up which is excellent for fat loss! I put 7 Exercises together and I suggest you go through it 1-3 times depending on your fitness level. Set your Gymboss timer for 50 seconds of work and 10 seconds of rest. You will need the 50 seconds in this workout because you want to keep your form while getting enough reps in each set. The Workout: 1-3 rounds of 50 seconds of work and 10 seconds of rest. Warm up 5-10 minutes EXERCISES:
- DB Overhead Surrenders + Step out to Deep Overhead Squat - I used 20 lbs. overhead, but pick a weight that challenges you. Simply holding weight over your head really challenges your core and takes energy just to stabilize which equals more calorie burn in the workout. Keep your abs tight and don't arch your back. Make sure you shift your weight into your heels on the overhead squat and squeeze up through the glutes. ***IF you any knee issues keep a 90 degree angle or omit exercise. Listen to your body always!!
- Sliding pike plank to pushup - Go slow on this one and try and open up your chest so you can touch the ground. If your a beginner just stay in a plank and pike up.
- DB overhead Surrenders + Step out to Deep Overhead Squat - Other leg
- Plank step out to kick + Side plank hand to foot - Working flexibility with core, chest, shoulders, plus obliques and inner thighs.
- Bike abs 4 reps + Hip raises 4 times (Alternate)
- Plank step out to kick + Side plank hand to foot -Other side
- Burpee + jumping jack - Really push to get your heart rate up in this exercise (as you'll see I was really out of breath!) Recover completely before repeating the sequence again.