November 03, 2014
This is one of my favourites!! So easy to prepare, and ready whenever you need to go (it's eaten cold)! This is great for anyone who doesn't have a lot of time to prepare breakfast. This recipe is high in protein, calcium and fiber, and low in fat and sugar. Be careful - if you substitute for flavoured yogurt and flavoured almond milk, you are adding more artificial ingredients, additives and preservatives. As well, they have many more calories. I am not one to calorie count, but I am roughly conscious of how much I am putting in my body. There is a HUGE difference between using plain greek yogurt and unsweetened plain almond milk, and using chocolate greek yogurt and chocolate almond milk. I've learned to adapt to the "healthier" taste of the unsweetened yogurt/almond milk and dress it up by adding vanilla or cinammon, and my choice or fruit and nuts/seeds.
- 1/4 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 1/3 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1/4 cup low-fat plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract, or cinammon
- 1 tbsp crushed raspberries
- 1/3 cup raspberries & blueberries
- 1 tbsp almonds
- 1 tsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp hemp seeds
- In a small mason jar, add oats, almond milk, greek yogurt, chia seeds, vanilla and the crushed raspberries.Stir until well combined.
- Add raspberries, blueberries, seeds, nuts and honey.
- Place the lid on the jar and refrigerate overnight (it can last in the fridge for up to 3 days).
- Wake up, grab & go, and enjoy (eat chilled)!