‘The whole f- -king show,” Hibbard says, "is a fat-shaming disaster that I’m embarrassed to have participated in. There was no easing into it. That doesn’t make for good TV. My feet were bleeding through my shoes for the first three weeks.”
[bctt tweet="Shocking "Biggest Loser" Show Details Revealed"]
Along with Hibbard, another former contestant who wished to remain anonymous, also came forward to reveal the brutal details of what really goes on behind-the-scenes. Here are some of the details revealed:
- After arriving at the ranch where they would train and given a medical exam, contestants were ordered to start working out immediately, with a workout averaging between five to eight hours long.
- The personal trainers wouldn't let them ease into a new workout. Instead, contestants were verbally abused, being told, "you're going to die before your children grow up," and "we've picked out your fat person coffin."
- Both contestants interviewed admitted they would often collapse due to exhaustion.
- A production assistant on set would tell some contestants to take up smoking in order to curb their appetite.
- Contestants' daily calorie intake was between 400 to just under 1000 calories per day.
- The grocery list that was approved by Hibbard's trainer included I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray, Kraft fat-free cheese, Rockstar energy drinks and Jell-O.
- Ryan Benson, the first winner of the show, says he was so malnourished after the competition ended that he would urinate blood.
- “One of the other ‘losers’ and I started taking showers together, because we couldn’t lift our arms over our heads,” says the anonymous contestant. “We’d duck down so we could shampoo each other.”
- Hibbard states she suffered from short term memory loss and to this day, "my short term memory still sucks."
- Several contestants throughout the seasons have been hospitalized while completing the competition.