November 04, 2014
Simple & Delicious Kale Chips
Kale chips are an awesome way to snack on something crispy and salty, but yet not feel too guilty about it. They're pretty low calorie, and like potato chips, you can't eat just one. My recipe uses just olive oil and sea salt, but using different seasonings can change up the flavour to intrigue your tastebuds. I'm interested to try making a Maple-Sriracha batch, but you guys can try whichever spices/oils/hot sauces taste good to you.
- 1-2 bunches of kale
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (be careful to not over-salt)
- Preheat oven to 175 C/350 F.
- Line baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using kitchen shears or a knife, remove stem from the kale, then tear into bite sized pieces. Wash and thoroughly dry kale.
- Place kale in a thin, even single layer on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes (I find 12 minutes is perfect in the BodyRock oven)
- Plate & eat…betcha can't eat just one!