Fall is just around the corner! And are the yummy fall recipes that come along with it. Pumpkin and apple based goodies.. Yum! My favorite recipe for fall is Apple Butter. I love putting mine on a big fluffy biscuit or a piece of toast in the mornings for breakfast. However, most apple butter recipes contain so much sugar! Instead, I use Stevia! Here is my skinner version of apple butter and, best of all, it is made in a crockpot overnight! The lovely sweet smell of apples will wake you up when it's time to eat! Skinny Slow Cooker Apple Butter Ingredients
- 4 lbs. red delicious apples; washed, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 cups Stevia powder
- 1 tbsp all-spice
- 3 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Place the apples in a slow cooker. In a medium bowl, mix the Stevia, lemon, cinnamon, cloves and all-spice. Pour the mixture over the apples in the slow cooker and mix well.
- Cover and cook on high 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to low and cook 9 to 11 hours, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is thickened and dark brown.
- Uncover and continue cooking on low 1 hour. Stir with a whisk, if desired, to increase smoothness.
- Spoon the mixture into sterile containers, cover and refrigerate or freeze.