Salad is such a yummy meal, but sometimes it can be a hassle, especially when the lettuce starts going bad after merely a day. Who wants soggy lettuce, right? Luckily, there is a neat little hack out there to make your lives a little easier (and your salad tastier!) Step by step guide to keeping lettuce crisp:
- Prep your salad by washing and then drying. Yes, I said drying. Moisture = soggy.
- Chop and place salad in a large bowl.
- Place a paper towel or two over the top. This keeps the moisture from the refrigerator air from getting onto the leaves. Yuck.
- Drape the bowl with saran wrap and cover tightly.
- Store until ready to serve.
- Each time you take leaves out, stir the salad a bit and replace the paper towel.