I have a secret, I love spaghetti. It's simple, delicious, and offers the opportunity for so much variety that I would be happy eating it every single day. But let's face it, spaghetti is not a low calorie option, and a spaghetti dinner usually doesn't include a whole lot of veggies. But, I have the solution to both those problems for you, so keep reading for the perfect way for you to enjoy spaghetti without all the calories. The next time you're in the mood for spaghetti, head to your produce department instead of the pasta aisle. Pick up a couple of spaghetti squashes and follow the instructions below for a super yummy dinner that won't weigh you down!
- Cut squash in half and scoop out seeds
- Place flesh side down on a rimmed baking sheet
- Pour some water in the bottom of the baking sheet
- Cook in a 375 degree oven about 45-60 minutes (until fork tender)
- Use a fork to scrape the flesh out of the skins into "noodles"
- Top with your favorite sauce and extras