- spaghetti squash
- 500 g of lean ground turkey or other preferred protein
- 1/2 and onion
- 2 tbl olive oil
- red bell pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F
2. Cut spaghetti squash in half and brush with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Pierce grind with fork a few times (so it doesn't explode!) and put cut side down on baking sheet. Bake for 30 mins, or until soft and cooked. I ate 1 cup.
3. Meanwhile, dice onions, garlic and red bell pepper. Sautee.
4. When onions are brown, add 500g of minced lean turkey (makes 4 servings) and cook through. Water will be released from the meat and I like to drain this off. Season to taste (I added a bit of salt and chili powder.)
5. Add 3 to 5 tablespoons of tomato pasta sauce. You can make your own or choose a ready-made one that is bottled in a glass jar -- just watch the ingredients. Avoid ones with added sugar and other nasty things.
6. When oven goes off, handle the hot squash with care and scrape the flesh with a fork to form noodles.
7. Steam some veggies for a side. I did french beans and seasoned with Mrs. Dash original.
8. Top the squash noodles with meat sauce and bob's your uncle!
So I forgot to take a picture of the finished product. I only remembered when I was half-way through!