Salad season is coming! Yay! Try this super delicious salad bowl out!
For the salad:
For the garnish:
- 2 cups rice noodles, cooked and cooled
- 1 head organic romaine lettuce, sliced into thin ribbons
- 1 handful (or to taste) fresh organic basil leaves, chopped
- 1 handful (or to taste) fresh organic mint leaves, chopped
- 2 organic carrots, shredded
- 1 organic jicama root, shredded
- 2 to 3 cups bean sprouts
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons organic sesame seeds (black sesame seeds look nice!)
- Small splash organic sesame oil (teeny tiny tossing amount)
- Optional: grilled or roasted chicken or firm tofu, sliced into thin strips or shredded
For the “peanut” dressing:
- 1 handful organic cilantro (or to taste), chopped
- 1/4 lime per person, to be added individually
Optional additions to the dressing if you want heat:
- 1/4 cup organic raw almond butter or organic peanut butter
- 5 tablespoons Bragg’s Liquid Aminos or organic soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons organic rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons organic light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh organic ginger, grated
- 5 tablespoons hot water
- Sea salt to taste
- 2 organic garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon organic hot sauce
Prepare the garnish and set aside in separate bowls.
Make the dressing by blending all ingredients until mixed and set aside.
Cook the rice noodles, cool and toss in a giant bowl with a teeny tiny amount of organic sesame oil to prevent sticking. If they are too long, cut them a bit so you can mix them into the salad.
Add the rest of the salad ingredients to the bowl and toss.
Slice or shred the cooked protein (Chicken or tofu) and put it into your medium bowl and toss well with the salt to taste. Now you can add it to your giant bowl of tossed salad.
Add minimal amount of dressing and toss the giant salad. Your guests can add more dressing as desired per serving.
Serve in bowls, garnished with cilantro and 1 wedge of lime per bowl.
If you want more inspiration and healthy recipes, follow me on social media and check out my blog. I post daily goodies on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook!
Follow us on Instagram here:
[caption id="attachment_98013" align="alignnone" width="199"]
Do you follow BodyRock on Snapchat?
[caption id="attachment_97915" align="alignnone" width="100"]