January 21, 2015
Stability Ball Total Core Workout
Stability Ball Total Core Workout Instructions: Complete each move for 10 repetitions each, 3 sets total. 10 Back Extensions
- Lie prone on ball, with front of feet apart on floor or with feet against base of wall. Cross arms, hands in front of shoulders or the back of your head.
- Raise torso off of ball by hyperextending spine.
- Return torso to ball and repeat.
- Sit on stability ball.
- Roll body down and lie with back on ball, feet apart on floor.
- Hold onto a dumbbell or medicine ball with both hands with arms extending straight upward.
- Turn torso to one side while keeping arms straight and perpendicular to torso throughout movement.
- Return dumbbell or medicine ball back over shoulders by rotating torso to original position.
- Continue lowering dumbbell to opposite side. Repeat.
- Sit on exercise ball.
- Walk forward on ball and lie back on ball with shoulders and head hanging off and knees and hips bent.
- Gently hyperextend back on contour of ball.
- Place hands behind neck or beside head.
- Flex waist to raise upper torso.
- Return to original position. Repeat.
- Kneel on floor with stability ball behind body.
- Position hands on floor slightly wider than shoulder width.
- Place feet on the stability ball and raise body body in plank position with body straight and arms extended.
- Keeping body straight, lower upper body to floor by bending arms.
- Push body up until arms are extended. Repeat.
- Begin by placing hands on the stability ball.
- Siting up straight, inhale as you bend at the elbows lowering down to a comfortable range.
- Exhale extending arms and pressing body straight up onto the ball.