One of major misconceptions of women lifting weights it that they will turn into THE HULK.
Women do not have the high levels of testosterone that men do. Women have a higher level of estrogen, without getting into too much anatomy details... Women do NOT pose the "Hercules' Hormone" therefore women will not pack on the pounds from heavy lifting like men do. Even some women who DO want to bulk up will bulk up at a slower rate and not to the magnitude that men do.
Another reason women will not Hulk-out, is women do not eat enough calories. Women, when was the last time you over purposely to gain weight (Christmas doesn't count). Women want to be slimmer, therefore, our diets and eating habits are not the same as men. For example, women typically don't binge on extra proteins during dinner to "pack on the pounds".
So now that we have solid reasons why women WON'T rip their sleeves off, turn green, and HULK OUT. Let's talk about the benefits women gain from weight training.
1. When weight lifting you are working at a higher resistance. Due to this higher resistance your muscles will have tiny tears in them. (no worries!) Your body will repair these tiny tears post-workout, which in return will increase your overall calories requirement and increase your metabolism.
2. You will see muscle definition (Sexy!!!) quicker. When hitting the gym, women typically stick to 2-5lb weights. We are barely challenging our muscles. Without challenge there is no change.
3. Fighting osteoporosis. Studies have consistently shown that women who lift weights maintain bone mass and can even build new bone.
4. Lose that stubborn belly fat. A study conducted by the University of Alabama showed that women who lifted weight not only burned more calories than doing a cardio workout, but it also lessens your risk of diabetes, metabolic syndrome, and some cancers (and look better in a bikini!)
5. Feel sexy and empowered. Women do you not feel better when you are toned, lean, and feel strong. This reflects heavily on your self-esteem and attitude.
Personally, I weight train 3-4 days a week (every other day). You can find great toning and weight lifting classes at your local gym. For at home lifting grab some weights and do 10-12 reps repeating 3 times. Your weight should be heavy enough that towards the end of the 10-12 reps you are "feeling it" (I typically go for 7-9lbs).
Due to COVID-19, shipping systems the world over are experiencing abnormal delays. There is an enormous demand on postal and delivery services as online shopping has skyrocketed, due to store closures and stay-at-home mandates. This is an unprecedented situation, and we are working around the clock to fulfill your orders as quickly as possible. To be clear, we are filling orders in 4-6 days, and we are shipping immediately after that. Once shipped, our shipping partner, UPS, will get your order out to you as quickly as possible. Thanks for your support and understanding.
We want you to start your fitness journey with us as quickly as possible, that’s why we send every package to the USA & Canada via expedited or standard shipping with our partners at UPS. Once your order is received and processed, it typically takes 2-4 days to get to you once it leaves our warehouse. That’s our commitment and we stand by it.
We ship within Canada and the United States via UPS with Standard & Expedited shipping (whichever is faster)
For locations outside of the US and Canada, we ship using FedEx International (EUROPE and Other Nations), which is usually in transit for 7-10 business days, depending on location.
We ship all of our physical products with UPS, from our warehouse location in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. Delays caused due to custom withholds are not included in these estimated delivery times.
We offer a 30-day return policy, as long as: it is not more than 30 days past the date of delivery; and your item is in its original condition and packaging with the original order number. Refunds will be issued when the equipment is received back to the BodyRock warehouse, minus the original cost of shipping, and the customer is responsible for the costs of return shipping. To request a refund on physical product purchases, please contact us.
We cannot issue refunds on digital goods such as e-books or videos, as these are non-tangible goods that are irrevocable once the order is placed.
All of the BodyRock clothing is made to order and so is final sale. If you have any questions about sizing prior to placing your order, please contact us.