Sweet Potato Protein Muffins
I used to make these all the time, much to the delight of everyone around me. Then I just kinda stopped making them and forgot about them.
But today is one of my personal training client's birthdays and I thought "wouldn't I just be the sweetest if I made him some?" He's a director and will be shooting the next few days. He says on set the crew usually order pizzas and other crappy food and he tends to eat lots of cheetos.
Now, I can't have him undoing all my hard work. Again, I thought, "wouldn't I be the sweetest if made him a dozen of these to bring on set?" So I ran out this morning and bought these ingredients:
- 6 smallish sweet potatoes (to make about 5 cups)
- 2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup liquid egg whites
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
Plus the sweet potatoes, of course.[/caption] Once you round-up these goodies, do this:
- Wrap potatoes in foil and bake for about 45 mins at 350F, or until soft.
- Mash 'em up
- Add all the ingredients and mix well
- Spoon into muffin tin
- Bake at 350F for 20 to 25 mins of until you can poke it with a pointed object of some fashion and it comes out clean.
- Take 'em out and inhale that delicious aroma.
Aren't they beautiful?[/caption] [bctt tweet="Sweet Potato Protein Muffins"] Now, if you wanna get fancy with it, you can even add some protein icing!
- Two scoops casein protein powder (you can use whey, too, but it works better with casein)
- 1 cup greek yogurt or similar
- Mix the yogurt and protein powder
- Add one tablespoon of milk at a time until you achieve a icing-like substance. It should be creamy and not runny.
- Bob's your uncle, top those healthy cupcakes with healthy icing and prepare for adoration from anyone you offer one.
So give them a go! They're super tasty, super easy to make, and the perfect little on the go snack. And you know they're super healthy.
Here are the macros:
Calories: 200 Carbs: 22 grams Fats: 3 grams Protein: 20 grams
Have You Taken The BodyRock 7-Day Clean Eating Challenge?We’ve put together a 7 Day Guide that helps you to buy the right foods and prepare the meals that are going to help you eat well and create healthy habits in your lifestyle. Learn More about the Clean Eating Challenge
Medication information. What side effects?
keppra buy in US
Best about medicines. Read information now.
Medication information sheet. Brand names. can you get viagra without insurance in US. Everything what you want to know about medication. Get here.