Spring is here! With spring comes the long weekend, and with the long weekend comes barbecues and drinking. Since cocktails are usually chock-full of sugar, I thought I’d post a delicious tea-based cocktail, so much healthier and just as tasty. This makes about 2 cups, feel free to double or triple the recipe for a big pitcher. Ingredients
- 3-4 tsp Fruity loose leaf tea (I chose guava cadabra from David’s Tea) OR 2 tea bags of fruity tea (hibiscus is a good choice)
- 2-3 cups boiling water
- 3 tsp agave
- Dash of lime juice
- 2-3 oz alcohol (I chose vodka)
- Steep the tea – pour boiling water over tea leaves or tea bags, and wait, allowing to cool (about 20-30 minutes)
- Fill pitcher with ice, pour tea over it.
- Add in alcohol, lime juice, and agave – mix vigourously, and enjoy!