Coughing every now and then is one thing, but if you have developed a chronic cough, then this might be a sign of poor lungs. Along with smoking, there are many other things that may be causing this. From air pollution to second-hand smoke, to vehicle fumes, industrial pollution and even eating and drinking the wrong things-there are a lot problems you may be subjecting yourself to.
Healthy lungs are necessary for your overall wellbeing. They expel carbon dioxide and provide us with oxygen in the air we breathe to survive. But these many toxins that surround us can cause our lungs to become clogged, which results in less oxygen intake.
As the lungs become clogged up with toxins, their ability to expand (so that they can fully inhale enough oxygen) can be dramatically limited. But before you throw yourself into a bubble in hopes of preventing your lungs from becoming harmed anymore, try this detox
, which can help to clear up your lungs of toxins, including nicotine and tar — all in just three days!
1. Drink a cup of sage tea the night before.
2. Squeeze two whole lemons into a 10-ounce glass of cool, boiled water, then add a teaspoon of honey and drink before you eat your breakfast.
3. Drink 10 ounces of pineapple, cranberry-apple or grapefruit juice throughout the day.
4. Drink 8-10 ounces of fresh carrot juice between breakfast and lunch.
5. During lunch, drink 12 ounces of juice that is high in potassium.
6. Before you go to bed, drink 12 ounces of cranberry juice.
7. To allow your intestines to function correctly, take one tablespoon of olive oil twice daily and drink a laxative tea in the morning and at night.
8. Eat a bowl of salad on the last night of the detox.
9. Eat fresh, small-sized meals the day after the detox.
10. Remove toxins during the detox by spending about 20 minutes a day in a hot bath.
11. Add 5-10 drops of eucalyptus essential oil to a heated pot of water. Once the water has slightly cooled, cover your head with a towel and put over the pot, inhaling the steam.
12. Before breakfast and last thing at night, drink a glass of lemon juice to cleanse and rejuvenate the lungs.
Have you tried a lung detox before?
Source: Elephant Journal
Do you follow us on Instagram?
[caption id="attachment_108083" align="alignnone" width="100"]