Everyone loves dessert. It's that sweet and forbidden indulgence we can't keep our minds off of most of the time. But when it comes to living a healthy, well-balanced lifestyle, it's important not to shun your cravings but embrace them and enjoy in moderation. Never deprivation! If you're a sweet tooth lover like most, then you'll love this easy to make, no bake dessert recipe that's a great way to cut the calories and chemicals of store-bought creations. These chocolate PB&J cups from The Wellnecessities are made with almond milk, jelly and PB2. Enjoy!
SERVES: 6 people (1 cup/each)
Time to make: 1 hour
1 cup non-dairy chocolate chips
1/4 cup almond milk
2 tablespoons jelly
1/4 cup PB2
2 tablespoons water
6 cupcake tins
1. Add almond milk to chocolate and place in microwave for 30 seconds, or until melted and smooth (but not too watery). Use a fork to mix the remaining fluid into the chocolate spread.
2. In a separate bowl, mix PB2 with water, adding more PB2 if it is liquid-y. You want it to be creamy and thick, but not as thick as regular peanut butter.
3. Using half of the chocolate, evenly distribute into the cupcake tins, spreading so that it is smooth on bottom, about 1/2 inch thick. Place in freezer for quick cooling, about 10-20 minutes
4. Remove form freezer, add jelly to each cup, about 1/4 thick, and add remaining chocolate on top. Place in freezer again for quick cooling, about 10 min.
5. Evenly distribute the peanut butter mixture on top of each cup.
6. Place in freezer to harden and enjoy in 30 minutes!
Do you make your own, healthy version of desserts you love?Source: The Wellnecessities