Got 10 days to make a difference to your glutes? This Tighten & Tone in Ten Days workout will challenge you to tone up your glutes and keep them firm all summer long! Directions: Complete each exercise for ten days, twice daily.Do you follow us on Instagram? [caption id="attachment_103522" align="alignnone" width="100"] @BodyRockTV[/caption]
25 Glute Kickbacks
- Get into a quadruped position with all four limbs on the floor.
- Your hands should be lined up directly under your shoulders and your knees should be directly under your hips.
- While keeping your knee bent, lift up one knee off the floor and drive your leg up toward the ceiling until your thighs become aligned with your torso.
- Lower your knee back toward the floor, and immediately move onto the next repetition.
- Perform all repetitions on one leg before switching to the opposite leg.
20 Alternating Bridge Extensions
- Lie on your back with your knees bent so that your feet are flat on the ground.
- Press up through the feet to go into a “bridge” so that your bodyweight rests in your feet and shoulders.
- While in this position, extend one leg completely before placing it back down on the floor while lowering your body from the bridge.
- Alternate which leg extends each time you go up into the bridge.
- The backs of thighs (hamstrings) and glutes are the main targets during the bridge, while you will feel the leg extension in your quadriceps.
10 Split Jumps
- To prepare for the split jump, stand with one foot forward and the other foot back in a lunge position.
- Bend your knees slightly. Position your arms in front of your chest, elbows bent and hands in fists and touching.
- Jump up, swinging the back leg forward and the front leg to the back.
- Land with bent knees and come down into a full lunge so your back knee almost touches the floor.
- You may be tempted to lean forward as you do this move, but try to keep yourself as upright as possible.
- Once you've landed, immediately jump up again and alternate legs.
15 Glute Bridges
- Lie faceup on the floor with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor.
- Raise your hips so your body forms as straight line from your shoulders to your knees.
- Pause in the up position, then lower your body back to the starting position.
25 Plié Squats
- Begin in a wide stance with toes out at a comfortable angle. Your knees will need to stay alined with your toes, so don't go out too far.
- To add weight you can hold dumbbells on the upper thighs, a single dumbbell in front or a barbell on the shoulders or behind the head.
- Bend the knees and lower down into a squat, keeping knees in line with toes, abs contracted and back straight.
- Only go down as low as you can without compromising your flexibility or your balance.
- Push back to start without locking the knees.