Nothing makes a backyard BBQ quite like a delicious, and flavorful, burger. Can't you just taste it?
At BodyRock, we want you to enjoy your summer without having to worry about your eating habits going completely off the rails! This is why we've included an awesome, Paleo-friendly, gluten-free, healthy carb bun recipe! Beyond that, how you dress this killer burger is up to you. Don't be afraid to let your imagination run wild! Just be careful with the ketchup -- lots of added sugar! We enjoyed ours with some tomato slices, red onion, lettuce and pickles!
Inspired by the BodyRock Meal Plan
, these burgers will make your party or grill session, a true thing of beauty!
For the burgers:
- 1.5 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- a dash of salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp onion powder
Mix all ingredients together and press into patties. This makes 3 large patties or 6 smaller ones. Grill on each side for 5 minutes, or until the burgers are cooked to your liking.
For the Sweet Potato Bun:
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp peanut flour (for nut-free version, use coconut flour)
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups sweet potato, shredded
- coconut oil, for frying
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with peanut flour, ginger, and salt. Mix in the sweet potato until well combined.
- Add coconut oil to a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Shape sweet potato mixture into flat patties, or cakes. Cook 2-3 minutes per side, or until they stick together. Allow to cool and then top with your burger.