Got 10 days to make a difference? This Tighten & Tone in Ten Days workout will challenge you to tone up your abs and keep them firm during the upcoming winter season to stay bikini body ready all year long! I decided to give this plan a try for myself. You can view my before & afters here. Directions: Complete each excerise for ten days, twice daily.
25 Reverse Crunches
- Lie on the floor and place hands on the floor or behind the head.
- Bring the knees in towards the chest until they're bent to 90 degrees, with feet together or crossed.
- Contract the abs to curl the hips off the floor, reaching the legs up towards the ceiling.
- Lower and repeat.
- It's a very small movement, so try to use your abs to lift your hips rather than swinging your legs and creating momentum.
20 Oblique V-Ups
- Lie on your left side, legs angled 30 degrees from your hips.
- Rest your left arm on the floor and put your right hand behind your head
- Lift your straight legs off the floor, bringing your torso toward your legs
- Slowly return to start. That's one rep.
30 Scissor Lifts
- Raise both legs toward the ceiling.
- Keeping them straight, lower your left leg until it’s about six inches off the floor.
- Lift your head and shoulders off the floor and grasp the back of your right leg, gently pulling it toward you.
- Switch legs and repeat on other side.
- Quickly complete 10 reps (no pausing!)
60 second Side Plank
- Lie on your right side with your legs straight.
- Prop yourself up with your right forearm so your body forms a diagonal line. Rest your left hand on your hip.
- Brace your abs and hold for 60 seconds. If you can't make it to 60 seconds, hold for 5 to 10 seconds and rest for 5; continue for 1 minute. Be sure your hips and knees stay off the floor.
25 Bicycle Crunches
- Keep a mat on the floor and lie on it.
- Now keep your hands behind your head and interlock your fingers. Also put your feet in air.
- Now lift your head up and touch your right elbow to the left knee while pulling your leg up towards your head.
- Now do the opposite with left elbow and right knee.