Got 10 days to make a difference? This Tighten & Tone in Ten Days workout will challenge you to tone up your arms and keep them firm during the upcoming winter season to stay bikini body ready all year long! I decided to give this plan a try for myself. You can review my before & afters here. Directions: Complete each exercise for ten days twice daily.
10 Triangle Push-ups
- Begin the move by positioning the hands on the mat directly under the chest with the fingers spread and the thumbs and forefingers touching, making a triangle shape.
- Straighten the legs into a plank position (harder) or keep the knees on the floor for an easier version.
- Make sure the back is flat and the abs are engaged as you bend the elbows, lowering until your chin or chest touches the mat. If you can't go that low, go as low as you can and work to build enough strength to lower all the way down over time.
- At the bottom of the movement, your elbows will naturally flare out to the side.
- Press back to start, keeping the torso rigid.
15 Walking Planks
- Start in plank position.
- Move your right hand into standard push up position, then move your left hand into standard push up position.
- Return to the starting position by lowering onto your right forearm and then your left forearm.
- Alternate sides, rising onto your left hand next, then your right.
25 Chair Dips
- Sit on the edge of a chair with your feet positioned together.
- Place your hands in the edge of the edge with your knuckles facing out.
- When you do the dips, don’t flex your arms to more than 90 degrees.
- Keep your abs and butt tensed during the exercise.
- Slowly lower yourself and then push back up again.
- Breathe in as you go down and out when you push away.
60 second Basic Plank
- Start off on a yoga mat in the pushup position. Starting with the pushup position is the easiest way to get into the plank.
- Lower both your forearms to the ground so that both your elbows and fists are flat to the ground. Your palms should be balled up, and directly underneath your shoulders.
- Curl your toes under and engage your abs by tilting your pelvis and pulling your belly button toward your spine.
- Straighten your body but keep your neck and spine neutral. Imagine that you’re a plank of wood, and that you’re straight as an arrow.
- Flex your abdominals and squeeze your glutes. These are the two major muscle groups you’ll be working out in this exercise.
- Hold this position, also known as the plank, until after the burning begins. Keep your eyes on the floor in front of you. Avoid raising your behind. Your body should make a straight line from your heels to the back of your head.
35 Arm Circles
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart and lift both arms straight out to your sides at shoulder height.
- Move your arms in a circular pattern, 4-6 inches in diameter with your palms facing down, drawing a small circle with your fingertips. Continue for one minute.
- Let your arms relax for a few seconds, then raise them again, this time drawing the shape in the opposite direction for one minute.
- For an added challenge repeat the motion for one minute in each direction, this time with your palms facing upwards.