August 03, 2013
Vanilla Pumpkin Chickpea Doughnuts
Hi everyone! Hope you're having a great week. Today's recipe is inspired by a recent purchase of mine. If you're anything like me, you can never go into a Marshall's or TJ Maxx & leave with just clothes; or any clothes for that matter!The other day I went shopping for a dress to wear to wedding & ended up leaving with doughnut pans & gym socks. It's safe to say that food & fitness are two of my favorite things, regardless of where I'm at! The new doughnut pan inspired this next recipe that I adapted from my Apple Pie & Chickpea PowerBlondies.
- 1 15 oz Can of Drained Chickpeas
- 1 Cup Of almond Milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 Scoop of Vanilla Protein Powder of Choice
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Flour
- 2 TB Chia Seeds
- 3 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Maca Powder (Optional: but makes it more of a "malt" consistency)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 10 Drops of Liquid Stevia (or 1-2 TB Sweetener of choice)
- Blend the chickpeas, milk, pumpkin, & vanilla in a blender until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients into the remaining dry ingredients until combined.
- Let sit for a few minutes & the batter will thicken.
- Spoon the mixture into the sprayed doughnut pan.
- If you don't have a doughnut pan you can make these into drop biscuits or cookies.
- Bake at 375 for about 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let sit & cool before removing from pan.