June 23, 2015
Vegan Spinach & Quinoa Patties
- 1 c. quinoa
- 1 c. frozen spinach, chopped & thawed
- 3 c. water
- 1/4 cup green onions
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- salt/pepper to taste
- Bring water and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat a saucepan to medium and place olive oil in the pan.
- Stir quinoa, spinach, bread crumbs, eggs, farlic powder, salt/pepper, and green onions together in a bowl.
- Drop spoonfuls of the quinoa mixture onto the heated saucepan, pressing with the back on a spoon.
- Carefully, using a spatula, flip each patty and cook until golden brown-approx 3-5 minutes each side.