Two years ago I was introduced to the most marvelous chocolate chip cookies and guess what they were clean and healthy! (Well in moderation.) I'm not sure where the original recipe came from, but I do declare they are AMAZING! I know what you are thinking. Recently, I shared about black bean brownies. I don't eat sweets very often, but when I do these recipes help to settle that sweet tooth that I do have with a healthy advantage that the box recipes don't offer. This recipe uses almond flour instead of regular flour, honey instead of sugar, and coconut oil instead of butter. For chocolate chips you can either use the ENJOY chocolate chips that are dairy free, soy free, and sugar free. I have to get them at a special place where I live, so I will occasionally substitute with dark chocolate chips. I do believe it is high in calories due to the almond flour, but they are extremely clean. Not only that they are gluten free. So if you have Celiac, a gluten allergy, or you are eating gluten free this is the cookie recipe for you!! Ingredients
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the eggs, honey, and vanilla extract with a hand mixer, or wire whisk.
- Pour wet ingredients slowly into dry ingredients and beat with mixer or fork until combined.
- Add the melted coconut oil and continue to blend until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop Tablespoon size balls of cookie dough onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes.
Tip: Put in dough in the fridge until chilled. This makes them perfect. It's not something that you absolutely have to do - but I highly recommend it.