Dieting is a huge part of my life these days, and I really watch what I eat in order to keep up with my weight loss program. However, despite the fact that I scrutinize every gram of meat, carbs, and veggies that goes into my meals, I've never really thought about the oil I use for cooking. I've always simply grabbed the first one I saw on the shelves, as long as it tasted good. With so much controversy surrounding soybean oil, vegetable oil, and canola oil - the oils I used to eat a lot of - I actually had to stop and take a look at the oil I eat. I realized it was doing me harm, and so I spent some time looking into the "best oils" to cook with. My sister-in-law turned me on to an amazing oil: coconut oil!
Benefits of Organic Coconut OilI found out through my research that coconut oil:
- Is loaded with medium-chain fatty acids, which are used by the brain (preventing brain disorders) and are turned into energy by the liver.
- Is a staple in the diet of the healthiest people on the planet.
- Doesn't go rancid - it never rots!
- Helps to increase energy burning - meaning I burn more fat with each meal!
- Fights off infections of bacteria, fungi, and viruses - all thanks to the lauric acid.
- Works wonderfully to stifle my appetite - so I eat less.
- Fights cholesterol, heart disease, and other heart problems.
- Is 100% natural and healthy, as well as low in saturated fats.