Inflammation.In today’s increasingly health conscious world, it’s a word that’s dirtier than most four letter classics — and with good reason. In the last few decades, it’s become evident that inflammation is at the root ofmany chronic diseases, including heart disease, diabetes, cancer and some autoimmune diseases, as well as less severe, but still troublesome issues like skin issues and digestive problems.
The foods we eat have been shown to play a major role in both facilitating and fighting inflammation, and that’s what we’re going to focus on today: foods to reduce pesky, painful, and even dangerous inflammation. But first, we need to talk about the foods that can cause it.
Inflammatory foods are not only detrimental to your health, they’re detrimental to your hard-won fitness gains, wrecking your waistline and making it easier to pop a muffin-top instead of a six-pack.
Foods that put the ‘F’ in inflammation and fail are:
Although the above mentioned may have taste on their side, we strongly encourage you to practice safe and irregular snacking when it comes to these less than ideal choices. You’ve been warned; you’re welcome.
Wouldn’t it be great if there were a cheat sheet to help you eat better? Well, we got your back, check outour meal plan nutritional guide bundle to reduce inflammation by chowing down on these tasty but super healthy foods!
1. Berries: Bursting with flavor and antioxidantsberries of any kind are anti-inflammatory, low in sugar and high in fiber.
2. Pineapples: Party like apineapple with its bountiful supply of vitamin C and bromelain - an enzyme that helps with gut inflammation, digestion and improves immune function.
3. Avocados: Say hello to this superfood and its heart-loving monounsaturated fats and cancer-fighting carotenoids. All in this one tasty little anti-inflammatoryfruit.
4. Tomatoes: Whip up some homemade spaghetti sauce with fresh tomatoes and olive oil to maximize the effects of lycopene - a powerful antioxidant with anti-inflammatory and cancer-fighting properties.
5. Mushrooms:Rawmushrooms are loaded with vitamins, including all the B’s, beta-glucan for a robust immune system and ergothioneine an antioxidant that reduces inflammation.
6. Broccoli:Thiscruciferous veggie has been proven to help reduce your risk of cancer and heart disease with its anti-inflammatory antioxidants. So remember to eat your greens!
7. Turmeric:Turmeric has hit the health community running in recent years for its anti-inflammatory effects, thanks largely in part to curcumin. Mixturmericwith black pepper in your curry or salad dressing to see a reduction in inflammation associated with arthritis or other inflammatory diseases.
8. Dark Chocolate:Permission to eat chocolate, umm yes please sign us up; but there’s a catch, it’s gotta be70% cocoa or higher to see any health benefits. Anything lower and you’ll notice the ingredient panel will begin with sugar, negating the healthful benefits of this delightful treat. Cocoa contains flavanols, a type of antioxidant responsible for helping to maintain artery health and reduce the risk of disease.
9. Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO): This healthy monounsaturated fat is an advocate for your best health, helping to keep diseases like brain cancer or heart disease away.EVOO’s resident antioxidant oleocanthal is such a powerful anti-inflammatory that its effectiveness is compared to ibuprofen. Like cocoa, stay clear of plain ole refined olive oil and buy the extra virgin olive oil to reap the benefits.
10. Fatty Fish: Make a meal out of afatty fish like salmon, sardines or mackerel to help prevent diseases like heart or kidney. Rich in EPA and DHA, fatty fish’s long-chain omega-3 fatty acids are what give these fish the advantage over disease.
Due to COVID-19, shipping systems the world over are experiencing abnormal delays. There is an enormous demand on postal and delivery services as online shopping has skyrocketed, due to store closures and stay-at-home mandates. This is an unprecedented situation, and we are working around the clock to fulfill your orders as quickly as possible. To be clear, we are filling orders in 2-3 days, and we are shipping immediately after that. Once shipped, our shipping partner, UPS, will get your order out to you as quickly as possible. Thanks for your support and understanding.
We want you to start your fitness journey with us as quickly as possible, that’s why we send every package to the USA & Canada via expedited or standard shipping with our partners at UPS. Once your order is received and processed, it typically takes 2-4 days to get to you once it leaves our warehouse. That’s our commitment and we stand by it.
We ship within Canada and the United States via UPS with Standard & Expedited shipping (whichever is faster)
For locations outside of the US and Canada, we ship using FedEx International (EUROPE and Other Nations), which is usually in transit for 7-10 business days, depending on location.
We ship all of our physical products with UPS, from our warehouse location in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. Delays caused due to custom withholds are not included in these estimated delivery times.
We offer a 30-day return policy, as long as: it is not more than 30 days past the date of delivery; and your item is in its original condition and packaging with the original order number. Refunds will be issued when the equipment is received back to the BodyRock warehouse, minus the original cost of shipping, and the customer is responsible for the costs of return shipping. To request a refund on physical product purchases, please contact us.
We cannot issue refunds on digital goods such as e-books or videos, as these are non-tangible goods that are irrevocable once the order is placed.
All of the BodyRock clothing is made to order and so is final sale. If you have any questions about sizing prior to placing your order, please contact us.