Today's recipe might not be a Meal Prepper, but you can always marinate the chicken in advance. Hold off on making the Avocado sauce until you're ready to chow down though.
What's better than straight up cream sauce? Avocado cream sauce!
Per One Serving:
162 calories; 25 grams protein
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons blackened seasoning
- ½ cup plain, 0% Greek yogurt
- ½ avocado
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
For Serving: 2 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
1. Place the chicken breasts and blackened seasoning in a large resealable bag. Seal and shake a few times to evenly coat the chicken.
2. Lightly coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes per side.
3. Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the yogurt, avocado, lemon juice, garlic powder, and salt and pulse until smooth and creamy.
4. To serve, top each chicken breast with 2 tablespoons of the creamy avocado sauce and garnish with ½ tablespoon green onions.
Serve with rice, or even better, some tricolor quinoa and a green salad.