Ice cream is a staple of the summer, and there is no reason to deny yourself decadence. There’s also no reason you can’t enjoy ice cream that’s a little better for your body, and that’s why we’re sharing this delicious and easy-to-make brownie batter ice cream recipe.
With no additives and less sugar than regular ice cream and by using coconut cream as the base—which is packed with medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), healthy fats which can increase energy and decrease appetite—this healthy ice cream is designed to be enjoyed again and again.
In other words, our brownie batter ice cream doesn’t have to be an occasional indulgence—so whip it up and then dig in!
Want to make this healthy ice cream vegan? Easily done! Just make sure you use vegan chocolate chunks in the batter add-ins.
If you’re hungry for even more amazing vegan recipes, grab our best-selling Plant-Based Vegan Guide. Complete with dozens of recipes as well as essential reading on how to get all the green grub you need for a thriving body, this guide is designed to help people enjoy all the perks of the plant-based diet, easily.
BodyRock Brownie Batter Ice Cream
Makes 8 servings
- Calories: 188
- Fat: 17 grams
- Protein: 2 grams
- Carbs: 11 grams
1 can coconut cream 14 oz
1/4 cup dark cocoa powder
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 cup brownie batter mix-ins (nut chucks, dark chocolate chunks, etc)
- Place a small loaf pan or deep pan in the freezer.
- In a high speed blender, add your coconut cream, dark cocoa powder and pure maple syrup. Blend until completely combined. Add your mix-ins of choice and blend very lightly.
- Transfer brownie batter ice cream to the loaf pan. To ensure it doesn't become too icy, lightly mix your ice cream every 20-30 minutes for the first hour.
- Thaw for 10-15 minutes before eating. Lightly wet an ice cream scoop before scooping the ice cream into a bowl. To enjoy it soft serve style, let it thaw to desired texture.
* Can use agave, honey or monk fruit sweetened sugar-free maple syrup
Remember to grab your Plant-Based Vegan Guide here for more delicious, clean-eating recipes!