September 26, 2021
Burrito Bowl Recipe
In the BodyRock test kitchen, we were craving Mexican food - without the sodium and carb overload. So we thought, why not throw the ingredients of a burrito into a bowl and eat it? And that's what we did. We made our own recipe and it turned out fabulous! Here it is:
(if making for TWO people.. if not then HALF of each ingredient):
- 1 can black beans drained and washed
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 avocado
- 1 bag spinach
- Spicy Salsa
- Chili Powder, Garlic Powder, salt, and pepper
- OPTIONAL: Please know that you can add cheese, tomatoes, sour cream, corn, guacamole, YOU NAME IT! Options are endless. You can also make steak bowls, fish bowls, etc.
1. First prepare each bowl (or your own). Stuff each bowl with spinach leaves to your liking.
2. Layer half of a can of black beans onto spinach, half the can onto the other bowl.
3. Cut up avocado and place half on one bowl, half to the other bowl.
4. Sear two chicken breasts on a skillet on the stove with chili powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and dales seasonings until well done.
5. Slice up each breast - one breast goes to one bowl and (you guessed it!) the other breast to the other bowl.
6. Now heap about 4 tbsp of the spicy salsa to each bowl. And there you have it! Top on more ingredients if you wish. I made ours dairy free because we dont do dairy products. Enjoy!
Have You Tried The BodyRock 30 Day Clean Eating Meal Plan?
If you are loving our healthy Sunday recipes, you will ADORE the full Recipe Book that comes with the 30 Day Meal Plan and Nutrition Guide. Learn how food words to fuel your body, once and for all. There is nothing that will keep you from binge eating like KNOWLEDGE: how that hurts you, how it slows you down, and how it gives you the sads.