You know us: we don’t prattle on before our recipes—we get to the good stuff. This mouthwatering healthy light berry cheesecake recipe is a fitfam favorite, allowing you to embrace the taste of antioxidant-rich indulgence without the weighty implications of a traditional cheesecake.
Whip it up and enjoy!
Want to make it high protein? Add 2-3 scoops of vanilla protein powder to the recipe and stir it in.
Healthy Light Berry Cheesecake
Makes 8 slices. 1 slice = 1 serving
Fat: 12 grams
Protein: 4 grams
Carbs: 16 grams
24 oz cream cheese (light or vegan)
2 cups plain yogurt
2 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp cornstarch
1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
1 teaspoon stevia
1 1/2 cup berries of choice
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Fill a 9x13 pan about halfway with water and place it on your oven’s lower rack.
- Bring cream cheese to room temperature. Using a blender or hand blender, beat all cheesecake ingredients just until smooth. (Do not overbeat, as this would introduce air bubbles that would burst in the oven and thus cause cracking.)
- Smooth into a 9-inch springform pan, either lined with a crust or without.
- Place on the middle rack above the other pan. Bake 30 minutes, and do not open the oven during this time.
- When the time is up, leave the oven door closed and turn off the heat. Leave in the closed oven for an additional 5 minutes.
- Then remove—it will still look underdone—and let cool 20 minutes before placing the still-underdone cheesecake in the refrigerator. Don’t put the cheesecake in the fridge or it will crack. Allow to cool, fully, and then chill for 6 hours.
- Before serving, top with berries of your choice.