Dessert for Breakfast: Try Our Baked Apple Oatmeal
When you commit to living a healthier lifestyle, you may think your days of eating sweets for breakfast are over. First off, part of living a healthy lifestyle involves balance, which means technically nothing is off the table forever. It just means your days of dining on donuts every morning are over. But you can still love up your apple fritter once in a while. And on the days you know you should decline deep-fried pastry but you still want a hit of gooey apple goodness you can use this recipe.
Our baked apple oatmeal tastes way too good to be true, but it's legit good for you. Best of all, it's loaded with nutrients and (thanks to the power of collagen) protein to give you energy for the day head. You’ll also score a hefty dose of fibre and antioxidants to — *ahem* — keep things running clean and smooth.
Try it out!
BodyRock Baked Apple Oatmeal
Makes one serving.
- 1 large apple, cored. (Pick your favorite type!)
- 1/2 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 scoop collagen powder
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 tsp raisins
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit (175 degrees celsius).
- Put apple aside. Mix the rest of the ingredients except 1 tsp of coconut oil together in a bowl.
- Set aside. Scrape out some more flesh from your cored apple using a spoon. You want to make enough room for your oats, but don't want to scrape it down right to the skin. Leave about an inch of flesh.
- Put apple flesh in the oat mixture and stir in.
- Next, use clean hands or a marinating brush to coat apple in remaining 1 tsp of coconut oil.
- Pack oat mixture inside hollowed out bowl in apple.
- Place apple on baking sheet and put in oven. Allow to cook for 20-25 minutes, or until oatmeal bubbles slightly.
Want to try more mouthwatering meals? Then check out our new meal plan and nutrition guide. It’s packed with over 70 incredible ideas for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks PLUS insanely helpful intel on how to change your diet and sustain a healthy lifestyle.
Coat outside of apple 🍎. So delicious, thank you!!
Do you coat the inside or the outside of the apple with the coconut oil?