What is Matcha Green Tea?
Matcha is green tea in powder form. The leaves of young leaves are harvest and ground into the signature bright green powder.
The benefits of matcha green tea are many and include being a powerful antioxidant, preventing heart disease, type two diabetes, and cancer. It's also been shown to supercharge weight loss.
What's more, since matcha green tea is more concentrated than regular green tea, you can get the perks of this bevy from less of it. One cup of matcha green tea is equivalent to roughly three cups of regular green tea.
In this recipe, you’ll get a healthy hit of all the benefits of matcha in each cookie. So, get baking!
Matcha Green Tea CocoNutty Cookies
Makes 8 cookies. 1 cookie = 1 serving
Fat: 10 grams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbs: 11 grams
2/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup almond flour
1/4 tsp matcha green tea powder
1/4 cup agave syrup
4 tsp melted coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Line a baking sheet and preheat your oven to 200 F.
- Grab a medium-sized mixing bowl and combine the coconut, almond flour, and matcha. Stir well.
- Next, stir in the agave nectar, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Mix until it forms a sticky paste.
- Wet your hands and roll the dough into a cylinder. Then cut the cylinder into 8 slices. The dough will not spread.
- Bake for about 20-23 minutes. Allow to cool before enjoying.
Not much of a baker?
We feel you. Patience is just not on your side sometimes. That's we created our delicious BodyRock Snack Box. In this box we have Matcha Green Tea almonds, which are divine. Just pop some of these in your mouth after a workout and get all the benefits of protein and matcha green tea!