When people think about eating well, they often conjure ideas of bland, boring, tasteless food. BUT, you will find that when you are eating a balanced diet, full of protein, fibre, healthy fats, and complex carbs, you gain much more satisfaction from your meals. You will have more energy and actually experience fewer cravings for those foods that make you tired and sad.
This curry contains lean protein, lots of veggies, fresh herbs and truly healthy spices like turmeric! Don't let the ingredient list on this chicken curry deter you! It is only a short amount of prep work.
This recipe is inspired by the options available in the BodyRock Meal Plan. If you are looking to boost your workout results, this plan is a great place for you to start!
It comes with a nutrition guide to help you make sense of the science, a 30-day meal plan, and a recipe book with over 70 delicious, and nutritious meals. Check it out! Give this Super Power Chicken Curry a try tonight and stay tuned for more clean eating recipes!
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 large red onions
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red chili, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp chopped cilantro leaves OR basil leaves
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- zest and juice of one lime
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 400 gram can of coconut milk
- 2 chicken breasts, chopped into bite-sized chunks
- 2 large zucchinis, cut in half lengthwise, and then into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 handfuls of kale
Note: you can add peas, eggplant, lemongrass, or bell pepper...any of your favorite veggies will work in this dish.
- Add coconut oil to large frying pan and add the onion. Fry until soft.
- Add spices, garlic, chilli, fresh cilantro, ginger, lime zest and tomato puree; keep stirring for 2 minutes then add the coconut milk. Simmer for 10 mins.
- Add chicken, zucchini, and tomatoes. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked and the zucchini is tender. Squeeze in lime juice, add the kale and let soften for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve in a large bowl, either on its own or with a side of quinoa or rice.