While the kale craze may have dwindled, there's no denying that this leafy vegetable is truly a Queen of Greens. Kale packs a serious nutritional punch, surpassing spinach for it's nutrient density.
Kale Health Benefits
- High in fibre, which is great for gut health & digestion
- Great source of potassium, which can lower the risk of heart disease
- Contains chlorophyll, which binds to carcinogens can may reduce risk of cancer
- Rich in vitamin K -- an essential micronutrient for optimal bone health
- Excellent source of antioxidant alpha-lipoic acid, which lowers glucose levels, improves insulin sensitivity & protects against free-radicals that can cause oxidative stress that damages cells
Despite this smorgasbord of perks, not everyone is into kale. The texture, the slightly bitter taste: it's not everyone's favorite vegetable. Still, there's more than one way to enjoy this super-powered food and if there is a dish that can convert non-believers, it's this one. Try it out!
It's our Amazing 10 Minute Roasted Kale Recipe!
Packed with all the benefits of kale, plus the healthy fats in olive oil and vegan protein & deliciously nutty taste of nutritional yeast, it's a mouth-watering snack or side dish for all.
Makes 4 servings.
- 15 leaves of green kale, washed, stripped off stems & torn into salad-size pieces
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 5 tbsp nutritional yeast
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit (175 degrees celsius).
- Put kale in bowl and drizzle on olive oil. Toss until coated. Add nutritional yeast. Toss again.
- Spread kale on bake tray. Sprinkle on salt and pepper as desired.
- Put in oven and bake for 8 minutes. Take out and flip kale. Put back in for 2 minutes.
Looking for more amazing recipes? Check out our NEW meal & nutrition guide — packed with over 70 recipes as well as hundreds of tips for a healthier, fitter body.
This is one of my favorite snacks instead of chips. I add a tiny bit of balsamic vinegar to it