Try Something NEW: Vegan, Gluten-Free Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins!
Want to indulge your sweet tooth with a healthier, less inflammatory take on a classic comfort food? Then break out your baking bowls and get ready to whip up a batch of these mouth-watering vegan, gluten-free lemon poppy seed muffins!
Poppy seeds are packed with a load of health benefits. They’re a good source antioxidants, can help improve heart health, promote good bone health thanks to being a rich supply of iron and phosphorus and can improve cognitive function.
Ready to start picking poppy seeds out of your teeth for the next couple days? Get baking!
Vegan, Gluten-Free Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Makes 8 muffins
- 1/4 cup olive or coconut oil
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Juice from one lemon
- Zest from one lemon
- 9 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 1/4 cup gluten-free flour mix*
- 2 heaping tsps baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Baking spray or muffin liners
*You can buy a blend premade, like Pamela's, or make your own. Here's a good recipe.
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C)
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl, mixing well. Add a little more milk if the mixture is too dry.
- Spray baking tray or insert liners.
- Scoop batter into muffin tray -- this recipe will make 8 muffins.
- Make for 15-20 minutes, or until muffins rise and a toothpick comes out clean.
- While muffins are baking, combine topping ingredients in a small bowl and mix. Spread over the top of the muffins as soon as they come out of the oven.
Want more delicious recipes to help support your commitment to living a healthier life? Check out our new nutrition guide and meal plan! Packed with over 70 recipes and dozens of tips, this is your one stop for your nutrition needs.
Want to back your healthier eating with solid training? Snag a FREE Challenger Mini when you purchase our revolutionary new BodyBar & Weights for just $219! That’s $109.90 off the regular price!
can I use almond flour instead of the gluten free flour mix?