Homemade gluten-free zucchini bread is an easy, healthy, and delicious way to use up your summertime zucchini. We asked our nutritionist Laura for a zucchini bread recipe that is gluten-free and made with simple, wholesome ingredients including coconut sugar, coconut oil, walnuts and lots of fresh antioxidant and fibre rich grated zucchini.
Try it out for a healthy after-school snack! We guarantee you’ll love it and so will the kids.
Get more delicious recipes in our Nutrition Guide and Meal Plan Bundle. Over 70 recipes including desserts to help you crush your health goals, deliciously. Snag it now while it’s on sale!
BodyRock Gluten-Free Zucchini Bread
2 cups of grated zucchini (2 small or medium zucchinis)
1 1/4 cup of gluten-free flour blend
3/4 cup of almond flour
2 tbsp of tapioca starch
2 tsp of ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg
1 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp of salt
1 banana, mashed
1/3 cup of coconut oil, melted
1/3 cup of coconut sugar
1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
*Option to add unsweetened chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a pan (9 x 5 pan) with coconut oil
- Grate zucchini. Squeeze out as much excess sugar as you can.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the gluten-free flour, almond flour, tapioca starch, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the mashed banana, coconut oil, coconut sugar, eggs, vanilla and grated zucchini (mix the banana, oil and sugar together first, before adding remaining ingredients)
- Add wet ingredients to the flour mixture and stir until fully combined.
- Scoop batter into the prepared loaf pan. Spread batter evenly throughout the pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Let cool 10-15 minutes before removing from pan. Slice and enjoy!